Cheesy Keto Cauliflower Bread Sticks
- 1 1/2 cups cauliflower (riced, about 3.75 ounces)
- 1 1/2 cups monterey jack (riced, about 3.75 ounces)
- 2 large eggs (riced, about 3.75 ounces)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground sage
- 1/2 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- ground black pepper (riced, about 3.75 ounces)
- fresh parsley (riced, about 3.75 ounces)
- Instructions Remove the base or leaves and cut cauliflower into florets.
- Rice cauliflower by using a food processor.
- Cook for about 8 to 10 minutes, you can use a microwave or a toaster oven.
- Allow to cool.
- Pre-heat oven at 450F.
- Once riced cauliflower has cooled, place in a kitchen towel and strain the liquid.
- Transfer to a mixing bowl.
- Season cauliflower with sage, oregano, thyme and mustard seed.
- Mix well.
- Season egg with ground black pepper.
- Pour beaten egg, 3 tablespoon cheese and combine with seasoned cauliflower.
- Allow for eggs to set at the buttom of the bowl and spoon the excess eggs out.
- In a greased baking sheet, spread cauliflower until about 1/4 inch thick, rectagular shape.
- For the heart-shaped Cauliflower “Bread” Sticks, use a heart-shaped cookie cutter.
- 1/2 cup of cauliflower mixture makes about 9 heart-shaped in different sizes.
- Bake for about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Top with 1/2 cup cheese and bake in the oven for 5 more minutes or until cheese is melted and golden.
- For the remaining 1 cup of cauliflower mixture formed into a rectagular shape, bake for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Top with the remaining cheese and bake for 5 to 8 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden in color.
- Cool for about 2 to 3 minutes and slice with a pizza cutter.
- Garnish with freshly minced parsley.
- Serve with marinara sauce or with a Creamy Cheese Sauce (see note).
- Recipe Notes Recipe makes about 9 hearts and 6 sticks.
- Adjust herbs as desired.
- Goes great served with a creamy cheese sauce
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:36:33.