Gluten Free Empanadas
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup almond flour (we get ours on amazon)
- 1 ounce cream cheese
- 1 large eggs
- 3 ounces ground beef
- 3 ounces chicken (we get ours on amazon)
- Fat Head CrustPut shredded mozzarella into a microwave safe bowl.Cut cream cheese into 4-5 pieces and place on top of mozzarella cheese.
- Microwave for thirty seconds.Remove from microwave, stir, and microwave for another thirty seconds.Stir one more time and then add in almond flour while cheese is still hot.
- Combine as well as possible (if it's not all incorporated don't worry just yet!).Add egg and stir.
- To better incorporate everything use your hands to knead it together - it should have formed into a dough (but will still be sticky).Once the dough is combined and consistent place on greased surface or nonstick silpat mat (used in our video).
- Place a piece of parchment paper on top and roll out to thinness of liking.Using cookie cutter (or wine glass) to make 12-14 circles in the dough.
- You might only be able to make 6-8 circles and have to re-roll out the dough for the rest (as seen in our video).
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:11:20.