Low Carb Tortillas
- 8 large egg whites
- 1/3 cup coconut flour (We use this!)
- 10 tablespoons water
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder (We use this!)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder (We use this!)
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder (We use this!)
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder (We use this!)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Add egg whites, coconut flour, baking powder and water in a bowl.
- Combine well (should be a uniform, watery mixture).Optional: add seasonings and mix.Heat a skillet (any size you want your tortillas to be) to low heat.
- Wait until the pan is hot, spray with cooking spray, and drop some of the mixture into the center (i like to use a 1/4 measuring cup).As quickly as possible tilt the skillet on all edge to spread the batter as thin as possible.
- You can always add more in the areas not covered.Allow it to cook for a couple minutes until it starts to rise/bubble or you lift it up and the other side has browned.
- Flip and cook for 1 additional minute.Repeat process until all the batter is cooked.
- The above mixture made 16 small taco sized tortillas for us.TIP: If your first tortilla doesn't spread thin enough on the skillet (comes out more like a pancake) add more water to the egg white mixture and mix!
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:11:17.