Keto Mexican Cauliflower Rice
- 4 cups riced cauliflower (fresh, about 1 medium head)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/4 cup onions (fresh, about 1 medium head)
- 1 jalapeno chilies (fresh, about 1 medium head)
- 1 clove garlic (fresh, about 1 medium head)
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 cup cilantro (fresh, about 1 medium head)
- diced tomatoes (fresh, about 1 medium head)
- sour cream (fresh, about 1 medium head)
- Remove core and leaves from cauliflower.
- Cut into florets and pulse in food processor or use grater.
- Set aside.
- In skillet, over medium heat, add coconut oil and tomato paste.
- As coconut oil melts, gently mix with tomato paste.
- Add onion and jalapeno to pan.
- Cook until the mixture begins to soften, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add garlic to pan and sir for 30 seconds, then pour in chicken broth.
- Add riced cauliflower to pan.
- Sprinkle salt and chili powder over cauliflower and gently fold into broth until coated and red.
- Continue cooking cauliflower until most moisture in the pan has evaporated and cauliflower is tender, about 10-15 minutes.
- Turn off heat and fold in cilantro.
- Serve with diced tomatoes, sour cream, and additional cilantro, if desired.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:23:55.