Low Carb Keto Carrot Cake
- 8 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 1/2 cup butter (softened)
- 1/2 cup erythritol (softened)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (softened)
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 5 eggs (large)
- 3/4 cup erythritol
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 14 tablespoons butter (softened)
- 1/4 teaspoon shredded coconut (softened)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 3/4 cups almond flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1/4 cups shredded carrots
- For the low-carb, sugar-free cream cheese icing: Beat together the cream cheese and butter for 2 minutes.
- Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl.
- Add sweetener and beat for 2-3 minutes intil incorporated.
- Add the vanilla and 1 tbsp heavy cream, beat to combine.
- Add more heavy cream and beat to combine, if the consistency of the icing, so it is not too thick, but stays fluffy.
- For the keto carrot cake layers: Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Line the bottoms of two 8-inch cake pans with parchment paper.
- Grease over the parchment and the sides of the pans.
- Set a side.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, fitted with the paddle attachment, beat together the eggs and erythritol for 5 minutes on medium-high speed, until fluffy.
- Add vanilla extract.
- In a bowl, sift together the coconut flour, almond flour, salt, cinnamon and baking powder.
- Fold the dry ingredients into the egg mixture.
- Add the coconut, stir to combine.
- Add carrots, mix to combine.
- Add the melted butter at the end, mix to incorporate.
- Divide the batter between both pans.
- Bake for 30-3 minutes, until the tops are set and toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let the cakes cool inside the pans for 10-15 minutes, then carefully invert onto a cooling rack.
- Let them cool completely.
- To Assemble: If the cake tops are uneven, use a serrated knife to level them.
- Place one cake layer on a platter.
- Carefully spread 1/2 of the icing over it.
- Top with the second cake layer.
- Spread the remaining frosting on top.
- I left this keto carrot cake naked, but you can spread some frosting on the sides of it if you'd like.
- Top with shredded coconut (optional).
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, then slice and serve.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:33:52.