Keto Naan bread with melted garlic butter
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons psyllium husks (ground, powder)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup coconut oil (ground, powder)
- 2 cups boiling water
- coconut oil (ground, powder)
- sea salt
- 4 ounces butter
- 2 garlic cloves (ground, powder)
- Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Add oil and then boiling water and stir thoroughly. Allow to rise for five minutes.
- The dough will turn firm fairly quickly, but stay flexible.
- It should resemble the consistency of Play-Doh.
- If you find it’s too runny then add more psyllium husk until it feels right.
- The amount needed may vary depending on what brand of husk or coconut flour you use. Divide into 6 or 8 pieces and form into balls that you flatten with your hands directly on parchment paper or on the kitchen counter. Fry rounds in coconut oil over medium heat until the Naan turn a nice golden color. Heat the oven to 140°F (70°C) and keep the bread warm while you make more. Melt the butter and stir in the freshly squeezed garlic.
- Apply the melted butter on the bread pieces using a brush and sprinkle flaked salt on top. Pour the rest of the garlic butter in a bowl and dip pieces of bread in it.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:21:06.