Fat Head Nachos
- 170 grams shredded mozzarella cheese (pre-shredded/)
- 85 grams almond meal (pre-shredded/)
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- salt (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander (pre-shredded/)
- 1 pinch chili powder
- 1 red onion (pre-shredded/)
- 500 grams minced beef (pre-shredded/)
- 400 grams canned tomatoes (pre-shredded/)
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder (pre-shredded/)
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- grating cheese (pre-shredded/)
- sour cream
- jalapeno chilies
- Nacho Meat Sauce Gently fry the diced onion in oil until clear then add the meat, breaking it up into tiny pieces as it cooks and browns.
- This should take up to 5 minutes.
- Add the spices and tinned/canned tomato and tomato paste.
- Stir then simmer on a low heat for 15 minutes (uncovered to thicken the meat sauce) whilst you make the Fat Head tortilla chips and toppings.
- Fat Head Tortilla Chips Mix the shredded/grated cheese and almond flour/meal in a microwaveable bowl.
- Add the cream cheese.
- Microwave on HIGH for 1 minute.
- Stir then microwave on HIGH for another 30 seconds.
- Remove and stir again.
- Add the egg, salt, and spices.
- Place the Fat Head pastry between 2 pieces of baking parchment/paper and roll into a thin, rectangle (see photos here).
- Remove the top baking paper/parchment.
- Slide the baking paper/parchment with the Fat Head pastry, on a baking tray (cookie tray) or pizza stone, and bake at 220C/425F for 12-15 minutes, or until browned on the top.
- Flip the FatHead pastry over (onto baking paper/parchment) and brown the other side.
- Once cooked, remove from the oven and cut into tortilla chip triangle shapes.
- Bake again at 220C/425F for 3 - 5 minutes.
- Spoon the hot meat sauce over the tortilla chips.
- Add the grated/shredded cheese which will melt on the hot meat sauce all by itself, then top with everything you love.
- Serve with a big side salad and plenty of olive oil (optional).
- Notes Fat Head pastry can also be made by replacing the almond meal/flour with 1/4 cup (4 tbsp) coconut flour.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:36:48.