15-Minute (& Suuuper Pliable) Keto Tortillas
- 96 grams almond flour
- 24 grams coconut flour
- 2 teaspoons xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt (depending on whether sweet or savory)
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 eggs (lightly beaten)
- 3 teaspoons water
- Add almond flour, coconut flour, xanthan gum, baking powder and salt to food processor.
- Pulse until thoroughly combined.
- Pour in apple cider vinegar with the food processor running.
- Once it has distributed evenly, pour in the egg.
- Followed by the water.
- Stop the food processor once the dough forms into a ball.
- The dough will be sticky to touch.Wrap dough in cling film and knead it through the plastic for a minute or two.
- Think of it a bit like a stress ball.
- Allow dough to rest for 10 minutes (and up to two days in the fridge).
- Heat up a skillet (preferably) or pan over medium heat.
- You can test the heat by sprinkling a few water droplets, if the drops evaporate immediately your pan is too hot.
- The droplets should ‘run’ through the skillet.
- Break the dough into eight 1” balls (26g each).
- Roll out between two sheets of parchment or waxed paper with a rolling pin or using a tortilla press (easier!) until each round is 5-inches in diameter.
- Transfer to skillet and cook over medium heat for just 3-6 seconds (very important).
- Flip it over immediately (using a thin spatula or knife), and continue to cook until just lightly golden on each side (though with the traditional charred marks), 30 to 40 seconds.
- To rewarm, heat briefly on both sides, until just warm (less than a minute).These tortillas are best eaten straight away.
- But feel free to keep some dough handy in your fridge for up to three days.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:13:55.