- 3 slices zucchini
- 1/8 red bell pepper
- 1 mushrooms (large)
- 2 sticks asparagus
- 2 slices lotus root
- 50 grams broccoli
- 4 shrimp (deveined
- 6 tablespoons whey (large)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1/2 teaspoon guar gum (large)
- 1/2 teaspoon dashi (large)
- 2 tablespoons carbonated water
- Slice and cut the veggies the way you want.
- Heat the oil between 160-170C or 320-340F.
- Add the tempura batter to a bowl and whisk vigorously for a good minute *important* this will ensure there are no more 'flour' bumps.
- The batter should be a light creamy yellow.
- My PCOS Kitchen - Keto Tempura - These delicious crispy and flaky tempura pieces remind me of the real Japanese alternative.
- Perfect with some sauce or cooked in some hot sauce! Gluten-free, Dairy-free, Low Carb, Sugar-free, Wheat-free Dip your veggies and shrimps inside the batter, coat nicely and fry in the preheated oil on both sides until cooked through and the batter is golden brown.
- Transfer to a grill or some kitchen paper to absorb the excess oil.
- *If you let the batter sit for a while, make sure to whisk it back together for 20 seconds or so to ensure perfect consistency in you tempura every time.
- Recipe Notes Whey Protein Isolate has less carbs than normal whey protein so try that use that ????
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:29:35.