The Ultimate Keto Buns (Paleo/Low Carb/Gluten & Dairy-free)
- 4 tablespoons lard (melted, unsalted butter and beef tallow also works)
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 100 grams blanched almond flour
- 1 tablespoon rosemary
- 1 tablespoon white sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon black sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon onion flakes
- Preheat the oven to 220C/430F.
- Add the melted lard and eggs inside the stick blender beaker.
- Add the rest of the ingredients (don't skip the salt) over the liquid and add your stick blender inside the beaker.
- Pulse 5-10 times until all of the batter is completely mixed together.
- Pour equally in 6 silicone jumbo muffin moulds (sprinkle the extra sesame seeds over each bun if you wish).
- If you want an even thicker bun, you could pour the batter into 4 moulds instead of 6.
- Place in the oven.
- Bake for 26 minutes.
- Take out of the oven and let completely cool before cutting.
- Recipe Notes I find these buns taste even better the next day! Once cooled, just add them in a ziploc and put them in the fridge for later use.
- If you want to freeze them, just make sure you slice the bun first and then you can freeze it.
- **I have tried making it with 90g-120g of blanched almond flour and any grams in between that amount works fine! I found 100g was the best though! ***If you want an even thicker bun, feel free to pour the batter into 4 moulds instead of 6, just count those extra carbs! ****DON'T add baking powder, they will rise too much and be hollow inside! *****I haven't made these in metal muffin moulds, but you could try to oil some and then pour the batter in it? Just watch them in the oven after 18 minutes as the metal gets hotter than the silicones.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:29:35.