Keto Golden Turmeric Milk
- 2 cups coconut milk (480 ml/ 16 fl oz - I like Aroy-D)
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk (480 ml/ 16 fl oz - I like Aroy-D)
- 2 tablespoons turmeric (480 ml/ 16 fl oz - I like Aroy-D)
- 1 tablespoon ginger (480 ml/ 16 fl oz - I like Aroy-D)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon ,
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder ,
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper (480 ml/ 16 fl oz - I like Aroy-D)
- 2 tablespoons erythritol (480 ml/ 16 fl oz - I like Aroy-D)
- 2 tablespoons virgin coconut oil (480 ml/ 16 fl oz - I like Aroy-D)
- Grate the ginger and turmeric. I recommend using protective gloves, as turmeric root stains and is hard to clean. Same applies to your kitchen counter and chopping board. The vibrant turmeric colour will fade away over time but it's better if you prevent it from touching surfaces that you care about. Depending on the availability and preference, you can use fresh turmeric and ginger or ground turmeric and ginger powder. Pour the coconut milk and almond milk into a sauce pan. Add grated turmeric and ginger, cinnamon, vanilla powder, black pepper and Erythritol. Bring to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes. Turn off the heat and let it sit for 5 minutes. Strain through a fine-mesh sieve and discard the spices. Optionally, add coconut oil and combine using a hand whisk or pour in a blender and pulse until sooth and frothy. Serve immediately ... ... or let it cool down and drink with ice. Store it in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. The spices will settle at the bottom - make sure to stir it before serving.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 17:02:04.