Keto Golden Turmeric Milk
- 2 cups coconut milk (480 ml/ 16 fl oz - I like Aroy-D)
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk (480 ml/ 16 fl oz - I like Aroy-D)
- 2 tablespoons turmeric (480 ml/ 16 fl oz - I like Aroy-D)
- 1 tablespoon ginger (480 ml/ 16 fl oz - I like Aroy-D)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper (480 ml/ 16 fl oz - I like Aroy-D)
- 2 tablespoons erythritol (480 ml/ 16 fl oz - I like Aroy-D)
- 2 tablespoons virgin coconut oil (480 ml/ 16 fl oz - I like Aroy-D)
- Grate the ginger and turmeric.
- I recommend using protective gloves, as turmeric root stains and is hard to clean.
- Same applies to your kitchen counter and chopping board.
- The vibrant turmeric colour will fade away over time but it's better if you prevent it from touching surfaces that you care about.
- Depending on the availability and preference, you can use fresh turmeric and ginger or ground turmeric and ginger powder.
- Pour the coconut milk and almond milk into a sauce pan.
- Add grated turmeric and ginger, cinnamon, vanilla powder, black pepper and Erythritol.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Strain through a fine-mesh sieve and discard the spices.
- Optionally, add coconut oil and combine using a hand whisk or pour in a blender and pulse until sooth and frothy.
- Serve immediately ...
- or let it cool down and drink with ice.
- Store it in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 17:02:04.