Instant Pot Creamy Chicken Tortilla Soup
- 1 cup yellow onion (chopped)
- 1 cup bell pepper (chopped)
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup cauliflower florets (chopped)
- 2 pounds boneless chicken thighs
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 28 ounces roasted tomatoes (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon smoked paprika (chopped)
- tortillas (use low carb tortilla for keto)
- sour cream
- green onions
- lime wedges
- Turn the Instant Pot on Sautee.
- Add in 1 tbsp olive oil, then add onion, bell pepper and carrots.
- Cook until starting to soften, about 5-10 minutes.
- Add in chicken thighs and 1 cup chicken stock.
- Turn Instant Pot on poultry setting add raise time to 18 minutes.
- Let the Instant Pot come to pressure.
- You can manually or naturally release pressure.
- Open the pot and add in fire roasted tomatoes OR 2 tomato boullion cubes.
- Add in 2 more cups of chicken stock plus cauliflower florets.
- Add in paprika, cumin, red pepper, garlic.
- Put Instant Pot on soup setting.
- Let manually release.
- Open lid, turn Instant Pot on saute setting.
- When soup starts to bubble, add in cream cheese and allow to melt into soup, stirring frequently or it will clump.
- Add in heavy cream and mix in well.
- Add in juice of 1 lime.
- If soup is too thick, add in one more cup of chicken stock.
- In a separate pan, add 2 tbsp olive over medium heat.
- Thinly slice tortillas into ribbons and add to pan, cook until crispy.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:44:25.