Keto Cheesy Party Crackers
- 1 cup almond flour (100 g/ 3.5 oz)
- 1/2 cup flax seed meal (100 g/ 3.5 oz)
- 2 tablespoons psyllium husks (100 g/ 3.5 oz)
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese (100 g/ 3.5 oz)
- 1 teaspoon salt (100 g/ 3.5 oz)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup water (100 g/ 3.5 oz)
- Mix the dry ingredients: almond flour, flaxmeal, psyllium, salt and pepper.
- Just like in low-carb tortillas, whole psyllium husks work better than psyllium husk powder but you can use either.
- If you have psyllium husk powder, use only 1 tablespoon instead of 2 tablespoons.
- Add grated Parmesan cheese and combine well.
- Pour in the water and...
- using your hands or a spatula, mix well.
- Let the dough sit for 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 160 °C/ 320 °F.
- Divide the dough into 2 equal parts.
- Place half of the dough on a parchment paper.
- Place another piece of parchment paper on top and roll out until the dough is about very thin (about 1/4 cm / 1/8 inch).
- You can use a nonstick silicon covered roller and a silicon mat.
- To achieve a rectangular shape, use the edges of the parchment paper or silicon mat to fold the dough over from the sides...
- and then roll again to flatten with the rolling pin.
- Repeat as needed.
- Using a pizza cutter, cut the dough into 16 equal pieces.
- Repeat the process for the other half of the dough that you kept aside.
- Place in the oven and bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Try with cheesy bacon dip, salmon paté, guacamole or marinara sauce.
- Tip: If you use parchment paper like I did, the crackers may stick to it.
- You can avoid it by using a silicon mat instead.
- If your crackers stick, you can remove the parchment paper by placing a wet kitchen towel on the bottom side over the parchment paper.
- Leave just for 20-30 seconds and peel it off the crackers carefully.
- Store at room temperature for up to 5 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 16:55:20.