Keto Cheesy Party Crackers
- 1 cup almond flour (100 g/ 3.5 oz)
- 1/2 cup flax seed meal (100 g/ 3.5 oz)
- 2 tablespoons psyllium husks (100 g/ 3.5 oz)
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese (100 g/ 3.5 oz)
- 1 teaspoon salt (100 g/ 3.5 oz)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper ,
- 1 cup water (100 g/ 3.5 oz)
- Mix the dry ingredients: almond flour, flaxmeal, psyllium, salt and pepper. Just like in low-carb tortillas, whole psyllium husks work better than psyllium husk powder but you can use either. If you have psyllium husk powder, use only 1 tablespoon instead of 2 tablespoons. Add grated Parmesan cheese and combine well. Pour in the water and... ... using your hands or a spatula, mix well. Let the dough sit for 10-15 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 160 °C/ 320 °F. Divide the dough into 2 equal parts. Place half of the dough on a parchment paper. Place another piece of parchment paper on top and roll out until the dough is about very thin (about 1/4 cm / 1/8 inch). You can use a nonstick silicon covered roller and a silicon mat. To achieve a rectangular shape, use the edges of the parchment paper or silicon mat to fold the dough over from the sides... ... and then roll again to flatten with the rolling pin. Repeat as needed. Using a pizza cutter, cut the dough into 16 equal pieces. Repeat the process for the other half of the dough that you kept aside. Place in the oven and bake for 40-45 minutes. Try with cheesy bacon dip, salmon paté, guacamole or marinara sauce. Tip: If you use parchment paper like I did, the crackers may stick to it. You can avoid it by using a silicon mat instead. If your crackers stick, you can remove the parchment paper by placing a wet kitchen towel on the bottom side over the parchment paper. Leave just for 20-30 seconds and peel it off the crackers carefully. Store at room temperature for up to 5 days or freeze for up to 3 months. Enjoy!
Originally posted 2019-02-20 16:55:20.