Best Keto Bread
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour (we get ours on amazon)
- 6 large eggs (we get ours on amazon)
- 4 tablespoons butter (we get ours on amazon)
- 3 teaspoons baking powder (we get ours on amazon)
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar (we get ours on amazon)
- 1 pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 375.Separate the egg whites from the yolks.
- Add Cream of Tartar to the whites and beat until soft peaks are achieved.In a food processor combine the egg yolks, 1/3 of the beaten egg whites, melted butter, almond flour, baking powder and salt (Adding ~6 drops of liquid stevia to the batter can help reduce the mild egg taste).
- Mix until combined.
- This will be a lumpy thick dough until the whites are added.Add the remaining 2/3 of the egg whites and gently process until fully incorporated.
- Be careful not to overmix as this is what gives the bread it's volume!Pour mixture into a buttered 8x4 loaf pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Check with a toothpick to ensure the bread is cooked through.
- Enjoy! 1 loaf makes 20 slices.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:11:30.