Low Carb Orange Chicken
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken breasts
- 1 cup pork rind (We use these!)
- 1/2 cup coconut flour (We use these!)
- 2 tablespoons oil (We use these!)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon pink salt (We use these!)
- coconut oil (We use these!)
- 1 orange (medium)
- 2 cloves garlic (We use these!)
- 1/2 inch fresh ginger (We use these!)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil (We use these!)
- 2 tablespoons erythritol (We use these!)
- Fry Chicken: Combine the pork rinds, coconut flour, and black pepper (and optionally mct oil powder) in a blender or food processor and pulse until it has made a fine powder.
- Shake this mix out into a medium bowl.Pat your chicken breasts dry and then cut them into small cubes about ½ inch pieces.
- Sprinkle with salt and set aside.Add oil for frying into the large skillet, about 2 tablespoons.
- Toss a handful of chicken cubes in the pork rind mix, shake off excess and add then into the skillet.
- Make sure the pieces aren’t crowding the skillet, you will have to cook them in batches.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes or until browned then use tongs to turn them over and cook another 3 minutes, until amber brown.Remove from the skillet and place on a paper towel lined plate.
- Add in the next batch of chicken and repeat until all of the chicken is done.Make the sauce: Heat a small sauce pot over medium high heat.
- Add coconut oil and erythritol to the small sauce pot and stir to combine.Using a zester, zest the whole orange (should yield about 1 tablespoon), and the garlic cloves and ginger into a small bowl and set aside.
- Cut the orange in half.Once the sweetener has dissolved, lower the heat to medium and add in the orange zest mix, then squeeze half the orange juice into the sauce pot as well.
- Stir well and let it come to a simmer, let it simmer while you finish cooking the chicken.
- Stir it occasionally.
- Pour the orange glaze all over it, sprinkle with sesame seeds, if desired and enjoy! This is great over greens or cauliflower rice!
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:11:31.