Keto Butter Chicken
- 1 pound chicken breasts
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons butter (We use this!)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons tomato paste (We use this!)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 onions (medium)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons turmeric (We use this!)
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger (We use this!)
- 1 teaspoon pink salt (We use this!)
- 3/4 teaspoon chili powder (We use this!)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (We use this!)
- Cut the chicken up into bite sized chunks and generously coat them in the turmeric, ginger, salt, chili powder and cinnamon.
- Set aside in a bowl.Heat a skillet to medium heat and add the butter.
- As the butter melts dice the onion and garlic and add it to the pan.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes until the onions are translucent and fragrant.Increase the pan heat to medium-high and add the chicken.
- Cook it almost entirely through - the outside should be white and this will take about 3-5 minutes.Once the chicken looks almost fully cooked add in the heavy whipping cream and tomato paste.
- Using a spatula mix in the tomato paste so it runs smooth through the heavy whipping cream.
- It should be an orange color at this point.
- Turn the heat to medium-low and cover with a lid for 5-7 minutes.Remove lid and combine.
- The chicken is fully cooked and you should be able to eat it.
- However, if you like a thicker curry sauce allow it to reduce with the lid off until it reaches the consistency you like.Serve with low carb naan or over cauliflower rice.
- Enjoy!NOTE: You can store the butter chicken in a sealed container for up to 10 days in the fridge and 2 months in the freezer.
- You can also use chicken thighs instead of breast for a higher fat content.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:11:20.