Low-Carb Mini Chicken Pot Pies
- 1/2 cup butter (melted, 113 g/ 4 oz)
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup coconut flour (melted, 113 g/ 4 oz)
- 1 tablespoon psyllium husks (melted, 113 g/ 4 oz)
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 large eggs (melted, 113 g/ 4 oz)
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter (melted, 113 g/ 4 oz)
- 1/2 white onion (melted, 113 g/ 4 oz)
- 3 cloves garlic (melted, 113 g/ 4 oz)
- 1 teaspoon fresh herbs (melted, 113 g/ 4 oz)
- 10 ounces frozen peas (melted, 113 g/ 4 oz)
- 1/2 cup frozen green beans (melted, 113 g/ 4 oz)
- 1 pound cooked chicken (melted, 113 g/ 4 oz)
- 1/2 cup chicken broth (melted, 113 g/ 4 oz)
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream (melted, 113 g/ 4 oz)
- Preheat the oven to 190 °C/ 375 °F and place four medium ramekins on a baking sheet.
- Make the crust by combining the eggs, coconut flour, psyllium husk if using, and salt.
- Mix until crumbly then pour in the butter.
- Form into a ball and chill until ready to bake.
- Chop the onion...
- and mince the garlic and herbs.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add in the onion, garlic, and herbs.
- Cook until soft and fragrant about 3-4 minutes.
- Add in the thawed vegetables, ...
- shredded chicken, and broth.
- Cook until broth has mostly absorbed, about 3 minutes.
- Pour in the heavy cream and simmer until thick about 5-7 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the filling into the ramekins.
- Roll out the dough between two pieces of parchment 1/4-inch (1/2 cm) thick.
- Cut the dough slightly larger than the ramekin.
- Using the parchment gently flip onto the filled ramekins.
- Pinch the sides together and fix any cracks.
- Repeat until all ramekins are covered.
- If you have any dough leftover you can make any shapes you desire to fill in any cracks or for decoration.
- Whisk together an egg and 1 tablespoon of water.
- Brush over the crusts.
- Transfer to oven.
- Bake 20 minutes until the crust is golden brown and crisp.
- Serve immediately.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 17:51:25.