Keto Crispy Flaxseed Waffles
- 2 cups flaxseed (roughly ground golden)
- 1 tablespoon gluten-free baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 5 large eggs (roughly ground golden)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup avocado oil (roughly ground golden)
- 1 tablespoon fresh herbs
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Place your waffle maker on the counter and heat on medium, or your desired setting for crisp waffles.Combine flax seed with baking powder and sea salt in a large bowl.
- Whisk to combine fully and set aside.Add eggs, water and oil to the jug of your high-powered blender.
- Blend on high for 30 seconds, until foamy.Transfer liquid mixture to the bowl with the flaxseed mixture.Stir with a spatula, just until incorporated.
- The mixture will be very fluffy.
- Scoop each; one at a time, onto the preheated waffle maker and close the top.
- Cook until it beeps and repeat with remaining batter.Eat immediately or freeze in an air-tight container for a couple of weeks.
- Can be frozen and then toasted for a quick breakfast, lunch or dinner.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:27:28.