Keto Coconut Flour Biscuits or Bread
- 4 eggs (at room temperature)
- 1 2/3 cups full fat coconut milk (at room temperature)
- 1/4 cup gelatin (at room temperature)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (at room temperature)
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar (at room temperature)
- 2 teaspoons coconut nectar
- 1 cup coconut flour (at room temperature)
- 1 teaspoon gluten free baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon rock salt (at room temperature)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.Place the eggs in the bowl of a stand mixer fitting with the whisk attachment, in a mixing bowl (for use with an electric hand mixer), or in the jug of a blender.
- Whisk or blend on medium speed for 2 minutes, until frothy.Add the coconut milk, gelatin, melted coconut oil, vinegar, and coconut nectar to the eggs and blend on high, until smooth, about 20 seconds.
- Then add the coconut flour, baking soda, and salt to the bowl or blender jar and mix until just combined.Using a ¼ cup measure, scoop up some of the dough and drop it onto the baking sheet.Repeat, until 12 biscuits are made, placing the biscuits about 1-inch apart.Place in the oven and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until the tops begin to brown.Remove the baking sheet from the oven and allow the biscuits to cool completely on the baking sheet, at least 2 hours.Variation: Keto Coconut Four Bread.
- To make, preheat the oven to 350°F and oil an 8 by 4-inch loaf pan with a dab of coconut oil.
- Make the bread dough, following Steps 2 and 3 above, then spread the dough out evenly in the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the loaf comes out clean.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:27:31.