Instant Pot Keto Clam Chowder
- 1 pound bacon (cut crosswise into pieces)
- 1 onions (medium
- 2 stalks celery (cut crosswise into pieces)
- 1 head cauliflower (cut crosswise into pieces)
- 30 ounces clams (cut crosswise into pieces)
- 1 can mushrooms (cut crosswise into pieces)
- 2 cans chicken stock (cut crosswise into pieces)
- 1 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon old bay seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 ounces cream cheese (cut crosswise into pieces)
- 1/2 stick butter (cut crosswise into pieces)
- 2 cups heavy cream
- Saute Bacon in non-stick panAdd Onions and stir occasionally until Bacon is cooked and Onions are caramelizedEmpty the contents of the pan into the Instant PoDeglaze the pan with the juice from the canned clams and pour into Instant Pot THIS IS NOT HOW I DID IT, BUT HOW I WILL DO IT AGAIN.
- I HAD TRIED TO SAUTE THE BACON AND ONIONS IN THE INSTANT POT BUT THE BOTTOM WAS GETTING CRUSTY AND IT DIDN’T SEEM TO GET HOT ENOUGH TO CARAMELIZE THE ONIONS.
- I REMEMBERED BEING TOLD THAT THE INSTANT POT MIGHT NOT COME TO PRESSURE IF THE BOTTOM WAS SCORCHED SO I TRANSFERRED IT TO A NON-STICK PAN AND MY WIFE FINISHED FRYING IT UP WHILE I DEGLAZED THE INSTANT POT ON SAUTE WITH THE CLAM JUICE.
- Add Clams, Mushrooms, Celery and Cauliflower (should fill the Instant Pot 2/3 to 3/4 full, stirring will distribute the Bacon, Clams and Mushrooms among the florets and settle the contents a bit in case you are worried)Add Chicken Stock (This should bring the water level upto about the level of the ingredients)Close lid, press the Soup button and select Low Pressure (it should default to 30 minutes)When done, do a Quick Release (which took 4 minutes), add remaining ingredients, stir thoroughly and serve
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:49:33.