Keto Party Meatballs
- 500 grams ground beef (1.1 lb)
- 1 large eggs ,
- 2 cloves garlic (1.1 lb)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano ,
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme ,
- 1/2 cup almond flour ,
- 1/2 cup coconut flour ,
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese (1.1 lb)
- 1 teaspoon salt (1.1 lb)
- freshly ground black pepper ,
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce (1.1 lb)
- 25 pitted olives (1.1 lb)
- fresh basil (1.1 lb)
- Preheat the oven to 230 °C/ 450 °F. Dice the mozzarella in 20-25 equal sized pieces. Place it in the freezer for 30-60 minutes. Freezing the cheese will prevent it from leaking out while baking. Place the meat, egg, minced garlic, thyme, oregano, ... ... almond flour, salt and pepper into a bowl. Mix until well combined using your hands or a mixer. Divide the meat into 20-25 pieces (I made 20). Remove the cheese from the freezer. Take each piece and flatten using your hands. Place a piece of the mozzarella cheese in the middle and fold the meat over it. Briefly roll between hands and place on a baking tray lined with parchment paper or a non-stick baking mat. Place in the oven and bake for 13-15 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare the Marinara Sauce. Place the marinara sauce in a large pan and heat up over a medium heat. The first time I made this recipe, I used too much marinara sauce (photo below) which I then used to make another batch of meatballs. Take the meatballs from the oven and place in the pan with marinara sauce. Using a spoon or a spatula, cover with the sauce from all sides. Drain the olives (I used both green and black Kalamata olives). Insert a toothpick into each olive and then into each meatball. Garnish with freshly chopped basil and enjoy! Tip: You can serve the marinara sauce separately from the meatballs by dipping into it.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 17:24:39.