Keto Party Meatballs
- 500 grams ground beef (1.1 lb)
- 1 large eggs
- 2 cloves garlic (1.1 lb)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese (1.1 lb)
- 1 teaspoon salt (1.1 lb)
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce (1.1 lb)
- 25 pitted olives (1.1 lb)
- fresh basil (1.1 lb)
- Preheat the oven to 230 °C/ 450 °F.
- Dice the mozzarella in 20-25 equal sized pieces.
- Place it in the freezer for 30-60 minutes.
- Freezing the cheese will prevent it from leaking out while baking.
- Place the meat, egg, minced garlic, thyme, oregano, ...
- almond flour, salt and pepper into a bowl.
- Mix until well combined using your hands or a mixer.
- Divide the meat into 20-25 pieces (I made 20).
- Remove the cheese from the freezer.
- Take each piece and flatten using your hands.
- Place a piece of the mozzarella cheese in the middle and fold the meat over it.
- Briefly roll between hands and place on a baking tray lined with parchment paper or a non-stick baking mat.
- Place in the oven and bake for 13-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the Marinara Sauce.
- Place the marinara sauce in a large pan and heat up over a medium heat.
- The first time I made this recipe, I used too much marinara sauce (photo below) which I then used to make another batch of meatballs.
- Take the meatballs from the oven and place in the pan with marinara sauce.
- Using a spoon or a spatula, cover with the sauce from all sides.
- Drain the olives (I used both green and black Kalamata olives).
- Insert a toothpick into each olive and then into each meatball.
- Garnish with freshly chopped basil and enjoy! Tip: You can serve the marinara sauce separately from the meatballs by dipping into it.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 17:24:39.