Keto Psyllium Buns
- 4 tablespoons boiling water
- 100 grams blanched almond flour
- 2 tablespoons psyllium husks (powder)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon black sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon white sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons sunflower seeds
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds (powder)
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil (powder)
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F.
- In a bowl, mix the dry ingredients with a whisk.
- In a separate bowls, mix the wet ingredients.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix with a rubber spatula.
- Slowly pour in the boiling water and continue mixing.
- The dough will be quite thick and expand a little as it absorbs the water.
- Separate the dough into 5 and form 5 balls with your hands (the batter is pretty sticky).
- Place the balls over parchment paper on a baking tray and bake for 30 minutes.
- Take out and enjoy! Recipe Notes *You cannot substitute the psyllium husk powder.
- **Make sure to use REFINED coconut oil and not the normal extra-virgin kind.
- ***If you double the recipe, you may need to add 1-2 tbsp of hot water to the batter.
- ****All of our ovens are different, so if you find yours to be too moist, just add 5 more minutes in the oven, or cook them at 190C/375F instead for 30 minutes.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:29:33.