Keto Hazelnut Low Carb Cheesecake Bites
- 8 ounces cream cheese (package, the brick kind like thisKraft Philadelphia Cream Cheese)
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- stevia (to taste
- 2 tablespoons sugar free hazelnut syrup
- 1/4 cup ground hazelnuts (package, the brick kind like thisKraft Philadelphia Cream Cheese)
- Put out the cream cheese to soften on the counter at room temperature.
- Once softened, place in a large bowl and add all other ingredients except for the ground hazelnuts.
- Use a wooden spoon to blend the cream cheese, cocoa powder and sweetener and syrup.
- (NOTE) I find the syrup to be sweet enough so I don’t add stevia, but you can after you taste it.
- Roll the mixture into 16 balls.
- Dip each ball into the ground hazelnuts.
- Chill to harden.
- I keep mine buried in the back of the fridge (so my kids don’t eat them all at once!).
- Then they are there for me when that emergency craving hits! UPDATE: It’s July 2015 and we are in a heat wave.
- I tried making these tonight and the mixture was too soft to roll into balls! To make them less soft use less syrup (only 1 tbsp) and maybe add some stevia.
- What I ended up doing (because I had already added too much syrup!) is spreading the cream mixture in a silicone pan and sprinkling the ground hazelnuts on top.
- Then I placed in the freezer for an hour.
- Cut into squares.
- This was quite heavenly actually!
- Here are the macros/counts for these Low Carb Hazelnut Cheesecake Bites from My Fitness Pal:
- Two balls contain: 112 Cal, 4 Carbs, 10 Fat, 3 Protein, 1 Fibre
- I hope you enjoy them!
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:45:13.