Keto Banana Cream Pie – No Bananas
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup butter (– melted)
- 3 tablespoons sugar substitute (– melted)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 egg yolks
- 3 tablespoons sugar (– melted)
- 1 teaspoon bananas (– melted)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- CRUST INSTRUCTIONS: In a mixing bowl, stir together your coconut flour, eggs, sugar substitute and melted butter.
- Once mixed thoroughly, you should be able to easily scoop it into a pie pan.
- I used parchment paper to stop it from sticking.
- Using your hands or a spoon, spread the crust to cover the pie pan.
- Use a fork to make several holes in your crust! Bake at 400F/200C for 10-15 minutes.
- Take it out and let it cool.
- PUDDING INSTRUCTIONS: Bring your heavy cream to a boil.
- In the meantime, in a small bowl, whisk together your egg yolks and sugar substitute.
- Once the cream is boiling, pour about a 1/4 of the cream into the egg yolks.
- Make sure you are stirring as you pour and mix thoroughly.
- Pour the cream/egg yolk mixture into the rest of the heavy cream.
- Put it back on the heat and stir continuously for 2-3 minutes.
- You should feel it start to thicken up.
- (If not, add in a 1/4 tsp of xanthan gum) Take it off the heat and whisk in the banana flavouring and vanilla extract.
- If you want to make pudding – pour the banana custard into small bowls and cool for 4 hours.
- If you are making the pie – pour the banana custard into the pie shell and cool for 4 hours minimum.
- (Ideally overnight, depending on your pan, it may have to be longer than 4hrs.)
- You’ll know it’s ready when you can poke it with your finger and no custard comes off! Serve with some whipped cream & cinnamon! This makes roughly 10 slices using an approx 6-7inch pan.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:40:30.