Low Carb Meatballs - Italian Style (Keto, Gluten-free, Nut-free)
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup flax seed meal (Golden)
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk (Golden)
- 3 tablespoons onions (Golden)
- 1 large eggs
- 3 cloves garlic (Golden)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley (Golden)
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3/4 cup marinara sauce
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F (218 degrees C).
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil (grease if using foil).In a large bowl, stir together the grated Parmesan cheese, golden flaxseed meal, Italian seasoning, sea salt, and black pepper.Whisk in the milk, grated onion, egg, garlic, and fresh parsley.
- Let the mixture sit for a couple of minutes.Mix in the ground beef using your hands, until just incorporated.
- (Don't over-mix to avoid tough meatballs.)Form the mixture into 1 in (2.5 cm) balls and place on the lined baking sheet.
- (A small cookie scoop works well for this.
- If using your hands, use a gentle touch and don't pack the meatballs too tightly.)Bake for 10-12 minutes, until the meatballs are barely done.
- (If you want them more golden, you can place them under the broiler for a couple of minutes.)Top each meatball with marinara sauce.
- Return to the oven and bake for 3-5 minutes, until the sauce is hot and meatballs are cooked through.
- Garnish with additional fresh parsley.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:37:41.