Keto Curried Beef
- 1 1/2 pounds meat (stew beef)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (stew beef)
- 1/2 white onion (stew beef)
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons curry powder (stew beef)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin (stew beef)
- 1 teaspoon pink salt (stew beef)
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder (stew beef)
- 1 can coconut milk (stew beef)
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 ounces cauliflower (stew beef)
- Place the can of coconut milk int he freezer until ready to use in the recipe.Heat a large pan or dutch oven over medium-high heat and add 1/2 tbsp coconut oil.Once hot, add in the stew meat pieces and brown on all side (does not need to be cooked all the way through).Remove from the pan/pot and set aside in a bowl.
- Add the 1/2 tbsp coconut oil to hot pan and turn the heat to medium.
- Scrape up the bottom using a spatula.Add in the diced onion, and allow to cook for 1-2 minutes until translucent.
- Add in the garlic, curry powder, cumin, salt and chili powder.
- Combine using the spatula and cook for 1-2 minutes until spices are fragrant.Add the stew meat back in and stir to combine.Remove the coconut milk from the freezer (should have been at least 10 minutes) and open can.
- The milk should have hardened so that you can remove it separately from the coconut water at the bottom.
- Add the hardened coconut milk to the beef mixture and allow to melt down.Add the water and stir until thoroughly combined.
- Place a lid on the pan/pot and allow to simmer for 20 minutes.
- If you are adding in the cauliflower, add it after ten minutes have passed and then replace with the lid and allow to cook remaining time.Remove the lid and either serve immediately (meat will be fully cooked) or allow to reduce for a thicker curry sauce for an additional 10 minutes.Serve over cauliflower rice or with our low carb naan and enjoy!Note: Store in sealed container in the fridge up to 1 week or freeze up to 1 month.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:11:22.