Keto Pound Cake
- 2 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (softened)
- 1 1/2 cups erythritol
- 8 eggs (room temperature)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 cup erythritol (softened)
- 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss in room temperature butter, softened cream cheese and erythritol. Cream together the butter and erythritol and until smooth.
- Then, add in softened chunks of cream cheese and blend together until smooth. Add in the eggs, lemon extract, and vanilla extract in with the blended ingredients.
- Blend with a hand mixer until smooth. In a medium sized bowl, mix together the almond flour, baking powder, and salt. Slowly add in the ingredients from the medium sized bowl into the batter.
- Use a hand blender to blend the clumps until very smooth. Pour batter into a loaf pan.
- Bake for 60 - 120 minutes at 350F or until smooth in the middle with a toothpick. If creating a glaze, blend together the powdered erythritol, vanilla extract and heavy whipping cream until smooth.
- Wait until the pound cake is fully cooled from the oven before spreading the glaze on top.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 17:59:54.