Vegan Keto Bread Rolls
- 3 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/4 cups almond flour
- 1/3 cup ground flaxseed
- 1/2 cup psyllium husks (powder)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/4 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- For the flax egg, to a small bowl, add flax seeds and water and whisk together.
- Allow to soak for 5 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, add dry ingredients and whisk together until fully incorporated.
- To dry ingredients, add flax egg and mix with electric mixer until well-combined.
- In a small pot, bring water to boil.
- With the electric mixer turned on, slowly pour boiling water over dough mixture.
- Mix until all ingredients are combined.
- Let dough rest for 5 minutes.
- Form dough into 6 equal rolls (*see note below).
- (Optional) To a shallow dish, add a small amount of water.
- To another shallow dish, add sesame seeds.
- Dip rolls one-by-one in water then sesame seeds to coat the top.
- Place rolls on prepared baking dish and bake for 50 minutes.
- NOTES * I weighed my dough using a food scale.
- Each roll prior to baking weighed approximately 130-135 grams.
- Store rolls in airtight container on countertop or refrigerator
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:43:30.