Gluten Free Dutch Baby | Custard Pancake
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup almond milk (Unsweetened)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons ghee (Unsweetened)
- 15 drops liquid stevia
- 1 tablespoon butter (Unsweetened)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (Unsweetened)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.Combine all of the ingredients in a food processor(you can mix by hand if desired) and mix together.
- The only ingredients not added should be the ghee, butter and cinnamon, as those are used in future steps.The mixture will come out to be the consistency of a crepe batter.
- It should be very liquidy.Add 2 tbsp of ghee to a 7 inch skillet on medium-high heat.
- If you plan on using a skillet that is bigger/smaller than 7 inch, adjust the recipe accordingly.
- The size of the recipe in relation to the pan size is a key component of this dish coming out right!When the ghee is melted, pour in the batter.
- This should force the ghee to the edges of the pan and even on top of the batter in some areas.
- That's ok! That's what is supposed to happen.Cook on the stove top for 1 minutes and then immediately place into a 425 degree oven.Bake for 24 minutes.
- When the top/center is solid it is done.
- Don't overcook it, we want it to have a custard consistency in the middle.Brush with melted butter and dust with cinnamon if desired.
- Slice and enjoy!
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:09:43.