Keto Chicken Chow Mein Bowls
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic paste
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger paste
- 1/2 yellow onion (finely diced)
- 500 grams minced chicken
- 1 carrots (cut into matchsticks)
- 125 grams beansprouts
- 1/2 cabbage (sliced thinly into 'noodles')
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons xylitol sweetener
- 1 1/2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar (finely diced)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 spring onions (finely diced)
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 4 boiled eggs (finely diced)
- 1 red chili peppers (finely diced)
- Boil eggs and remove shells.
- Cut all vegetables as above and prepare everything in advance as this dish comes together quickly.
- Sauce In a small bowl or glass jar, place the xantham gum and xylitol.
- Mix until combined evenly - this is important to prevent the xantham gum from clumping.
- Add in 1 teaspoon of cold water and mix to make a paste.
- Continue mixing until it is a uniform mixture (not worrying if the sugar isn't completely dissolved).
- Next add the remaining sauce ingredients and whisk thoroughly to combine.
- The sauce will thicken further upon cooking.
- In a large frying pan or wok, add one tablespoon of olive oil, garlic and ginger and diced onion.
- Saute over medium-high heat for 1 - 2 minutes until the onion is starting to brown.
- Add the chicken mince and break it up with a wooden spoon while continuing to cook for 7 - 8 minutes.
- Add the carrot and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Finally, add the bean sprouts and half the prepared sauce.
- Turn heat up to high and stir constantly while the sauce thickens to your liking.
- Set the cooked mince aside.
- In the same frying pan, add an additional 1 tablespoon olive oil and sliced cabbage over medium-high heat and saute for 3 - 4 minutes.
- Add the remaining prepared sauce and continue cooking until texture is to your liking.
- Serve cabbage noodles with boiled egg and chicken chow mein, sprinkled with sesame seeds, sliced spring onion and chilli.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:45:38.