Keto Chicken Lo Mein
- 500 grams chicken breasts (skin off, 1.1 lb)
- 1 head bok choy (skin off, 1.1 lb)
- 2 tablespoons goose fat (skin off, 1.1 lb)
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms (skin off, 1.1 lb)
- 1 cup red bell pepper (skin off, 1.1 lb)
- 3 spring onions (skin off, 1.1 lb)
- 1 red onion (skin off, 1.1 lb)
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth (skin off, 1.1 lb)
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos (skin off, 1.1 lb)
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce (skin off, 1.1 lb)
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar (skin off, 1.1 lb)
- 1 tablespoon ginger (skin off, 1.1 lb)
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic (skin off, 1.1 lb)
- 1 teaspoon arrowroot powder (skin off, 1.1 lb)
- 1 package kelp noodles (skin off, 1.1 lb)
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (skin off, 1.1 lb)
- Slice chicken breast into thin strips.
- Remove the leafy tops of the bok choy leaves and set aside.
- Slice the stems into thin slices.
- Cut the red onion into wedges and separate the layers.
- Spoon the goose fat into a fry pan and place over high heat.
- Quickly fry the chicken strips until browned.
- Remove chicken from pan and place aside.
- Combine chicken broth, coconut aminos, rice vinegar, oyster sauce, ginger, garlic and arrowroot powder together and whisk until well blended.
- Add red pepper, mushrooms, red onion and bok choy stems to the frying pan where you cooked the chicken and stir fry until just tender.
- Remove from pan and set aside.
- Pour sauce mixture into frying pan and cook over medium heat until thickened.
- Meanwhile, finely slice the bok choy leaves.
- Slice the spring onions on an angle for better presentation.
- Place in a bowl with the bok choy leaves.
- Remove kelp noodles from package, rinse well and cut to size if required.
- Once sauce is thickened, place the kelp noodles, chicken and the sir fried vegetables in the frying pan and toss to combine.
- Add the bok choy leaves and spring onions, remembering to retain a small amount of spring onion for garnish.
- Cook gently for about 5 minutes.
- Serve garnished with spring onion, olive oil and sesame seeds.
- Leftovers can be stored in a sealed container in the refrigerator for 3 days.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 17:50:57.