Keto BBQ Sauce
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon worchestershire
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3/4 cup ketchup (Heinz 'No Sugar Added')
- 3 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 clove garlic (Heinz 'No Sugar Added')
- 3 celery ribs (Heinz 'No Sugar Added')
- 1/2 teaspoon Truvía® natural sweetener
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 3 bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- Grab a saucepan and dump in the water, vinegar, Worcestershire, soy and low-sugar ketchup.
- Chop up a few tbsp of onion, 3 stalks of celery and clove of garlic – add that to the mix.
- Follow with the sweetener and spices, bay leaves, and some liquid smoke.
- Stir it up, and bring it all to a boil.
- Pro tip - playing Bob Marley’s Stir It Up in the background infuses some Jamaican spiciness, so resist the urge to do so if you’re not a fan of heat.
- Humming it is okay, however.
- Reduce the heat and let it simmer and do its thing for 30-60 minutes.
- Remove from stove and pass the sauce through a strainer.
- Let the sauce cool then add in the xanthum gum and mix well – this will help thicken the sauce.
- If you prefer a more runny sauce for your brisket or pulled pork, than go ahead and skip this step.
- Pop the sauce in the fridge for a little while to allow it to set-up, and you’re good to go.
- The sauce is even better the next day, so if you’re not a procrastinator like me, make this stuff the day before your next big cook-out.
- There you have it, guilt-free keto BBQ sauce.
- Now fire up that grill!
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:40:25.