Roasted Yellow Squash with Basil
- 2 yellow squash
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 10 basil leaves
- Prepare the yellow squash and cut lengthwise to form thin slices.
- Grease the baking sheet with some olive oil or coconut oil.
- Neatly arrange the squash slices onto the sheet.
- Drizzle with some olive oil and season with salt and pepper.Set the oven to 350°F and bake the squash for 5-7 minutes.
- Take out from the oven and flip the strips.
- Chop the basil leaves in half and add a half portion on top of each squash.
- Top with some shredded Parmesan cheese.Replace in the oven and bake for another 3-4 minutes.
- Once the cheese has melted, remove.
- Serve as a side with your favorite protein main dish.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 17:57:40.