Keto Rolls and Sliders
- 4 1/2 ounces almond flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried chives
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 168 grams shredded mozzarella cheese (part skim, low moisture)
- 1 1/4 pounds ground bison (part skim, low moisture)
- 1 tablespoon garlic (part skim, low moisture)
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme
- 1 pinch sea salt (part skim, low moisture)
- 4 rolls (keto)
- Set oven to 350F.
- Mix together the dry ingredients and be sure to fluff out any chunks.
- Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, add cream cheese and mozzarella and microwave for about 1 minute.
- When it’s melted, mix it up until smooth.
- Add the egg and mix again until smooth.
- Add in the almond flour, then mix and mash it up until it forms a dough.
- Since the dough is sticky, wrap it in plastic wrap and place it in the freezer or refrigerator for 20 minutes to cool.
- Remove it from the freezer and place it on a lightly dusted surface (with almond flour) so it doesn’t stick.
- Cut the dough into fourths for large rolls, or even eighths for party size.
- Spray your hands with olive oil, then roll the dough into equal size balls.
- TIP: I like to let the dough sit for 15 more minutes in the fridge so it doesn’t lose shape when baking.
- Place the rolls on a baking tray lined with parchment or silpat, then bake for about 20 minutes at 350F, or until golden brown.
- Let the rolls cool after baking, about 10 – 15 minutes before enjoying! For best results, place them on a cooling rack.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:41:09.