Goat Cheese Stuffed Burgers with Caramelized Onion
- 400 grams ground beef (14.1 oz)
- 2 pieces goat cheese (14.1 oz)
- 2 tablespoons ghee (14.1 oz)
- 1 yellow onion (14.1 oz)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar substitute (14.1 oz)
- 1 pinch sea salt (14.1 oz)
- slaw (Tangy Keto Kale)
- tabbouleh (Paleo Spinach)
- salsa (Easy Summer Vegetable)
- guacamole (Quick & Easy)
- pickled jalapenos (14.1 oz)
- chowchow (Low-Carb & Paleo Spicy)
- ketchup (Healthy Homemade)
- mustard (Paleo
- Place the goat cheese in the freezer for 30 minutes (This is optional but will prevent the cheese from oozing out while the burgers are cooking).
- Remove the ground beef from the fridge.
- Peel and slice the onion.
- Grease a pan with 2 tablespoons of ghee and add the onion.
- Cook on medium-low for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until caramelised.
- Add the brown sugar substitute and stir in.
- Cook for another 5 minutes, stirring to prevent burning, and then take off the heat.
- Set aside.
- While the onion is cooking, preheat the oven to 200 °C/ 400 °F.
- Remove the cheese from the freezer.
- Using your hands, create two 200 g (7.1 oz) patties.
- Place a piece of cheese in the middle of each patty, and then wrap the meat around them.
- Make sure the cheese is covered so it doesn't ooze out while cooking.
- Grease an ovenproof skillet with about a tablespoon of ghee.
- Add the burgers and cook on high for a minute on each side and season with salt.
- Place the skillet into the oven and bake for 7-8 minutes.
- Remove the skillet from the oven and let the burgers rest for 5 minutes.
- Top the burgers with the caramelised onion, and serve with a big bowl of vegetable salad!
Originally posted 2019-02-20 17:40:11.