Vivica's Keto Roast Chicken
- 1 whole organic chicken
- 2 sprigs rosemary (organic)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon coarse sea salt
- 1 teaspoon herbes de provence
- Bring chicken to room temperature.Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.Remove chicken form packaging, and rinse well under cold water.Place chicken on a baking pan or glass pyrex, breast up.Stuff the cavity with the rosemary and garlic cloves, they do not have to be peeled.Now sprinkle half of the salt and Herbes the Provence on the breast.Turn chicken breast side down.Sprinkle the remaining salt and herb mix on the top.Bake for about 1 hour and 30 minutes at 350 degrees.The skin should be nicely browned when the chicken is ready.Depending on you oven temperature the cooking time might slightly change.A good way to check for doneness is to pull the leg apart form the body, or cut between the leg and the body.
- Any juice should run clear and meat should not be pink.Serve immediately with a salad, or side dish of choice, drizzling on it the cooking fat from the roasting pan.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:32:55.