Keto Pumpkin & Spinach Cannelloni
- 2 cups pumpkin (diced, 232 g/ 8.2 oz)
- 3 leeks (use only the outer parts which will be about 90 g/ 3.2 oz)
- 1 head cauliflower (diced, 232 g/ 8.2 oz)
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (diced, 232 g/ 8.2 oz)
- 8 ounces goat (diced, 232 g/ 8.2 oz)
- 1 cup fresh spinach (diced, 232 g/ 8.2 oz)
- 8 ounces cream cheese (diced, 232 g/ 8.2 oz)
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream (diced, 232 g/ 8.2 oz)
- 1/2 cup fresh basil (diced, 232 g/ 8.2 oz)
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese (diced, 232 g/ 8.2 oz)
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic (diced, 232 g/ 8.2 oz)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese (diced, 232 g/ 8.2 oz)
- Pre-heat oven to 180 °C/ 360 °F.
- Remove skin and seeds from pumpkin and cut into small cubes (around and inch/ 2 cm).
- Place on to roasting tray.
- Cut cauliflower into florets and place on tray with pumpkin.
- Scatter thyme over vegetables, season with salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil.
- Roast for approx.
- 35-45 minutes, until soft and caramelised.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Crumble goats cheese into a bowl.
- Mash pumpkin and cauliflower roughly, you still want quite a bit of texture, just not any huge pieces.
- Place in bowl with goats cheese and spinach, and mix through.
- Cut the white ends of your leeks into lengths to suit your lasagne dish.
- Very carefully remove the outer few layers of the leek by slicing through one side and gently unwrapping them.
- Although this recipe calls for three leeks, you only use a small part of each of them.
- Store the rest for use in another dish.
- Cook until tender.
- Youll have to watch this yourself because the times can really change.
- You want your leek to be pliable, but not soggy.
- One ready, remove the leeks from the pot and place in cold water to stop the cooking process.
- Using a stand mixer, combine the cream cheese and the double cream until smooth.
- Add the basil, Parmesan, garlic and eggs and process until combined.
- Spread about a third of your cheese sauce onto the base of your lasagne dish.
- Lay your leek tubes out flat and place about three tablespoons of mixture in the centre of each.
- Roll the leek up around the filling, creating a tube and place in your dish, seam side down.
- Continue filling and rolling until your dish is full.
- Pour and spread the balance of the cheese sauce over the leek tubes (feel free to scrape the bowl and eat it with a spoon!) Sprinkle grated cheddar over the top and add a touch of Parmesan.
- Bake at 180 °C/ 360 °F for about 30 minutes, or until browned on top and hot through.
- Serve with a simple fresh green salad.
- To store, let it cool down, cover and refrigerate for up to 5 days.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 17:25:31.