- 3/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese (We use this!)
- 1/3 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 large eggs
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 cup lean ground beef (We use this!)
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce (We use this!)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil (We use this!)
- 1 zucchini (large)
- Add coconut oil to a medium high heat pan and cook the ground beef.
- Add the tomato sauce to the ground beef and combine.
- Set aside.Using a mandolin slicer, slice the zucchini into as many thin slices as possible and set aside.Add the ricotta, Parmesan, garlic cloves, salt, pepper, and egg to a processor and blend until fully combined.In a oven safe skillet or casserole dish first make a layer of the ground beef.Make two layers of the zucchini criss crossing.Add a generous layer of the ricotta mixture.Sprinkle on some of the shredded mozzarella.Repeat this a second time (we made two full layers in our 6 inch skillet).
- Last layer should be the mozzarella cheese.Bake in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes or until cheese is browned.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:09:39.