Indian Butter Chicken (Dairy-Free, Keto, Nightshade-Free, Whole30)
- 1 pound chicken (chopped)
- 6 tablespoons butter (chopped)
- 1 onions (large
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 2 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon ginger (chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (chopped)
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- 14 ounces full fat coconut milk (chopped)
- cauliflower rice
- jasmine rice
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 can tomato sauce (chopped)
- In a medium pan, melt two tbsp butter or ghee and cook the chicken over medium heat.
- While the chicken cooks, melt another two tbsp butter in a large pan and begin to saute the onions over medium low heat.
- Once onions begin to soften, add in ginger and garlic and saute for several minutes.
- Add in garam masala, salt, cumin and turmeric and cook for several minutes until the spices are fully incorporated.
- If you consume nightshades, also add in your chili powder at this time.
- Once the chicken is fully cooked, add it to the pan with the onions and add in the can of coconut milk or half and half.
- If you consume nightshades, add in your tomato sauce or paste at this time.
- Stir together and allow to simmer over medium low heat for approximately 10 minutes, or until the sauce begins to thicken.
- Add in remaining 2 tbsp of butter and mix until melted.
- Serve over rice or cauliflower rice for grain-free.
- Top with cilantro and chopped peanuts or almonds, if desired.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:30:56.