Keto Mediterranean Steak Pinwheels
- 1 1/4 pounds flank steak (450 g)
- 3 cloves garlic (450 g)
- 2 tablespoons parsley (450 g)
- 6 ounces provolone cheese (450 g)
- 1 cup kalamata (450 g)
- 1 roasted red peppers (450 g)
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon sea salt (450 g)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Flatten steak to 1/4 inch (1/2 cm) thickness with a heavy pan or meat mallet.
- Top steak with remaining ingredients and roll up from the short end to the other...
- ...Secure with toothpicks and slice into 6 even pinwheels.
- Place the pinwheels in a large broiler safe skillet.
- Broil 4-6 inches (10-15 cm) from the heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (a thermometer should read 57 °C/ 135 °F for medium-rare, 63 °C/ 145 °F for medium, and 71 °C/ 160 °F for well-done).
- The pinwheels are best eaten immediately.
- If you would like you can prepare them and store them raw for 2-3 days in an airtight container in the refrigerator before cooking.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 16:38:41.