BBQ Meatball Skewers
- 600 grams ground beef (1.3 lb/ 21.2 oz)
- 1/2 red onion (1.3 lb/ 21.2 oz)
- 2 cloves garlic (1.3 lb/ 21.2 oz)
- 1 large eggs (1.3 lb/ 21.2 oz)
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano (1.3 lb/ 21.2 oz)
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil (1.3 lb/ 21.2 oz)
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest (1.3 lb/ 21.2 oz)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (1.3 lb/ 21.2 oz)
- 200 grams spanish chorizo (1.3 lb/ 21.2 oz)
- Peel and finely dice the onion.
- Place the meat in a mixing bowl and add the onion, crushed garlic, fresh lemon zest, freshly chopped herbs, paprika and egg.
- Using your hands or a fork, combine all the ingredients.
- If preparing in advance, cover the meat with a foil and place in the fridge overnight.
- When the meat is ready for the barbecue, slice the chorizo sausage (I used Spanish chorizo but you can use any other hard type).
- Assemble the skewers by piercing through the meatballs and chorizo slices in an alternating order (3 meatballs and 4 chorizo slices per skewer).
- Place the skewers on the barbecue and cook on high for 7-8 minutes or until crispy on the outside and cooked inside.
- Enjoy! Tips for pan roasting: Preheat a large regular or griddle pan greased with lard or ghee on high heat.
- Turn the heat down to medium and place the skewers on the pan.
- When done, set aside and keep them warm near the cooker.
- Tips for oven cooking: Cook under a broiler, or bake at 200 °C/ 400 °F until the meatballs are golden for 12-15 minutes.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 17:39:40.