BBQ Meatball Skewers
- 600 grams ground beef (1.3 lb/ 21.2 oz)
- 1/2 red onion (1.3 lb/ 21.2 oz)
- 2 cloves garlic (1.3 lb/ 21.2 oz)
- 1 large eggs (1.3 lb/ 21.2 oz)
- 1 tablespoon paprika ,
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano (1.3 lb/ 21.2 oz)
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil (1.3 lb/ 21.2 oz)
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest (1.3 lb/ 21.2 oz)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (1.3 lb/ 21.2 oz)
- 200 grams spanish chorizo (1.3 lb/ 21.2 oz)
- Peel and finely dice the onion. Place the meat in a mixing bowl and add the onion, crushed garlic, fresh lemon zest, freshly chopped herbs, paprika and egg. Using your hands or a fork, combine all the ingredients. If preparing in advance, cover the meat with a foil and place in the fridge overnight. When the meat is ready for the barbecue, slice the chorizo sausage (I used Spanish chorizo but you can use any other hard type). Using your hands, form 24 meatballs: 3 meatballs per skewer = 6 meatballs per serving (about 30 grams/ 1 ounce per meatball). Assemble the skewers by piercing through the meatballs and chorizo slices in an alternating order (3 meatballs and 4 chorizo slices per skewer). Place the skewers on the barbecue and cook on high for 7-8 minutes or until crispy on the outside and cooked inside. Enjoy! Tips for pan roasting: Preheat a large regular or griddle pan greased with lard or ghee on high heat. Turn the heat down to medium and place the skewers on the pan. When done, set aside and keep them warm near the cooker. Tips for oven cooking: Cook under a broiler, or bake at 200 °C/ 400 °F until the meatballs are golden for 12-15 minutes.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 17:39:40.