Keto Beef Rags – Low Carb & Diabetic Friendly
- 3 pounds arm pot roast (chuck)
- 2 teaspoons granulated garlic ,
- 1 teaspoon onion powder ,
- 1/2 tablespoon kosher salt ,
- 1/2 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper ,
- 2 tablespoons worchestershire ,
- 1 cup cabernet sauvignon (chuck)
- 1/2 tablespoon dijon mustard (chuck)
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (chuck)
- Season meat with granulated garlic, onion powder, kosher or coarse sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Heat a heavy Dutch oven with 1/2 of the extra virgin olive oil, over medium high heat. Sear meat until brown on all sides—about 3-4 minutes per side. Halfway through searing the meat, add remaining olive oil. When meat is browned, add Slather the top with Dijon mustard and sprinkle with Worcestershire Sauce. Add dry red wine (box wine works just fine).Cover and place in a preheated 275 oven for 4-5 hours. Check roast for tenderness around 3 hours. Stick a two-prong meat fork into the thickest portion of the roast and twist. If it twists easily with little resistance and begins to separate easily, the meat is done. I call that fork tender. If it resists, it needs to cook longer. Replace lid and continue cooking another hour or longer until fork tender. Remove roast from oven. Use 2 kitchen forks and pull the pot roast into rags. It is easier to do this when the meat is fresh from the oven. Mix all the lovely fat into meat, discarding any gristle, bone, or stringy fat. You only want to mix in the gelatinous fat because it will become nearly invisible when mixed with the beef. Make sure the fat that you mix in is broken into very small pieces. No one wants to bite into a huge hunk of fat, when they expect a mouthful of meat. When meat is in rags, stir it into the pan juices to mix it very well. The rags will actually absorb about 3/4 of the pan juices and will taste amazing. Enjoy! Cool completely, portion, freeze 3/4 of the Keto Beef Rags and store the rest for Lucky Leftovers during the week.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:34:40.