Keto Beef Rags – Low Carb & Diabetic Friendly
- 3 pounds arm pot roast (chuck)
- 2 teaspoons granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1/2 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons worchestershire
- 1 cup cabernet sauvignon (chuck)
- 1/2 tablespoon dijon mustard (chuck)
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (chuck)
- Season meat with granulated garlic, onion powder, kosher or coarse sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Heat a heavy Dutch oven with 1/2 of the extra virgin olive oil, over medium high heat.
- Sear meat until brown on all sides—about 3-4 minutes per side.
- Halfway through searing the meat, add remaining olive oil.
- When meat is browned, add Slather the top with Dijon mustard and sprinkle with Worcestershire Sauce.
- Add dry red wine (box wine works just fine).Cover and place in a preheated 275 oven for 4-5 hours.
- Check roast for tenderness around 3 hours.
- Stick a two-prong meat fork into the thickest portion of the roast and twist.
- If it twists easily with little resistance and begins to separate easily, the meat is done.
- I call that fork tender.
- If it resists, it needs to cook longer.
- Replace lid and continue cooking another hour or longer until fork tender.
- Remove roast from oven.
- Use 2 kitchen forks and pull the pot roast into rags.
- It is easier to do this when the meat is fresh from the oven.
- Mix all the lovely fat into meat, discarding any gristle, bone, or stringy fat.
- You only want to mix in the gelatinous fat because it will become nearly invisible when mixed with the beef.
- Make sure the fat that you mix in is broken into very small pieces.
- No one wants to bite into a huge hunk of fat, when they expect a mouthful of meat.
- When meat is in rags, stir it into the pan juices to mix it very well.
- The rags will actually absorb about 3/4 of the pan juices and will taste amazing.
- Enjoy! Cool completely, portion, freeze 3/4 of the Keto Beef Rags and store the rest for Lucky Leftovers during the week.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:34:40.