Cabbage Wrapped Brie Stuffed Meatball / Low Carb / Keto
- 4 ounces cabbage leaves (115 g, * About 5 Big Leaves)
- 12 ounces ground pork (115 g, * About 5 Big Leaves)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon worchestershire
- 1 wheels (4 oz / 125 g Brie or Camembert Cheese)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ketchup (115 g, * About 5 Big Leaves)
- 2 tablespoons worchestershire
- 1 teaspoon gluten free soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley (115 g, * About 5 Big Leaves)
- Fill a pot with water and bring it to a boil.
- Parboil the cabbage leaves for 3 - 5 minutes with a lid on.
- Drain and pat the leaves dry with a towel.
- Set aside.
- Sponsored Links
- Preheat the oven to 200 C / 400 F.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the ground pork, salt, pepper, parsley, garlic powder, parmesan and Worcestershire sauce.
- Knead the mixture until uniform.
- Line an oven safe glass bowl with the cabbage leaves.
- (I used a 6 inch (15 cm) bowl.)
- Add about half of the pork mixture to the bowl.
- Place the brie in the center and cover with the remaining half of the pork mixture.
- Fold the ends of the cabbage leaves over the pork mixture.
- Cover with alminum foil and bake for 30 - 35 minutes.
- Sauce: Mix well the ketchup, Worcestershire sauce and soy sauce in a small bowl.
- Heat in a pan or microwave if desired.
- (* Also you can add the juice / grease from the baked meatball to the sauce.)
- Let the cabbage wrapped meatball stand for 5 minutes.
- (* Before inverting, make sure to remove the juice / grease from the baked meatball from the bowl.
- Add to the sauce or discard.)
- Pour the sauce on top and sprinkle the parsley.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:39:10.