Low-Carb Pickled Radishes
- 500 grams radishes (fresh, sliced, 1.1 lb)
- 3/4 cup white vinegar (fresh, sliced, 1.1 lb)
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar (fresh, sliced, 1.1 lb)
- 1/4 cup water (fresh, sliced, 1.1 lb)
- 3/4 cup Swerve Sweetener (granulated,
- 2 teaspoons sea salt (fresh, sliced, 1.1 lb)
- 1 tablespoon mustard seeds ,
- 2 bay leaves
- Using a mandolin or very sharp knife cut the radishes into thin slices. Layer the slices into jars. I used two wide mouth pint jars. Place a bay leaf into each jar. I also sprinkled extra mustard seeds into mine, but in hindsight they really werent necessary. Place the vinegar, water, sweetener, salt and mustard seeds into a saucepan and bring to the boil. Very carefully, ladle the hot vinegar mix over the radishes, stopping to tap the jars firmly on the bench to remove air bubbles. Cover radishes completely with vinegar mix. Make sure rims of jars are clean and seal immediately. If you can stand it, leave for two weeks in the fridge for the flavour to really develop before serving but it still tastes awesome straight away. Store in the refrigerator, for three months.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 17:40:02.