KETO CHEESE TACOS
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 pound ground beef (medium)
- 2 cups cheddar cheese (medium)
- iceberg lettuce (medium)
- sour cream
- cilantro (chopped)
- tomatoes (diced)
- First off, mix all the taco spices together until uniform and note that this recipe yields enough seasoning for a few batches.
- Next, brown and drain a pound of medium ground beef.
- Add about three (3) tablespoons of the seasoning and mix until well combined - you may also want to add a few tablespoons of water to help the flavours steam and mingle.
- Grate about 2 cups of cheddar cheese, and on a parchment paper lined baking sheet, evenly make four (4) circular piles of cheese.
- Pop the sheet into the oven set to high broil and keep a close eye.
- Once the cheese is nicely melted, bubbly, and beginning to brown on the edges, remove from oven and let cool for a minute or two.
- Next, fold the cheese circles in half to resemble a taco shell, and let cool until the shape is set.
- I like to use the edge of load pan, but use whatever may work in your kitchen.
- Assemble your tacos as normal, pile on the taco meat and toppings, adding any other keto friendly fixings you enjoy.
- Keto cheese tacos - cheddar is better!
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:40:24.