Keto Turkey Meatballs with Dairy-Free Pesto
- 300 grams ground turkey (good quality, 10.6 oz)
- 250 grams ground pork (good quality, 10.6 oz)
- 1 red onion (good quality, 10.6 oz)
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley (good quality, 10.6 oz)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- chillies (Optional: fresh
- 1 pinch sea salt (good quality, 10.6 oz)
- extra olive oil (good quality, 10.6 oz)
- 1/3 cup pinenuts (good quality, 10.6 oz)
- 1 cup fresh basil (good quality, 10.6 oz)
- 1 clove garlic
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (good quality, 10.6 oz)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 pinch sea salt
- Simply place all the ingredients in a high speed food processor.
- Blitz until combined.
- It should still have textured, so not too smooth.
- Peel and finely dice the onion and garlic.
- Zest the lemon.
- Finely chop the parsley.
- Place the mince, onion, garlic, lemon zest, parsley, paprika and optional chilli in a bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper and mix well with your hands.
- Shape into 16 to 20 meatballs.
- To pan fry - Add a little olive oil to a non stick frying pan.
- When hot add the meatballs.
- Fry for 15 minutes, turning regularly until golden on the outside and cooked through.
- Alternatively you can place on a greaseproof lined baking tray and roast in the oven (190 C fan assisted/ 375 F) for 20 - 30 minutes until lovely and golden brown.
- Drain the juices after about 15 minutes and turn.
- Serve the pesto over the meatballs or on the side for dipping.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 17:29:47.