Paleo Instant Pot Butter Chicken (Whole30, Keto)
- 2 tablespoons ghee (or coconut oil)
- 1 medium onion (or coconut oil)
- 4 garlic cloves (or coconut oil)
- 1 inch fresh ginger (or coconut oil)
- 2 pounds chicken thighs (or coconut oil)
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 15 ounces tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk
- lime juice (or coconut oil)
- cilantro (or parsley for garnish)
- Set Instant Pot to the Sauté setting and heat ghee in the pot until the Instant Pot indicates that it's "hot."
- In the meantime, place the chicken in a bowl and add all the spices to it (from garam masala to ground black pepper) and gently toss together.
- Set aside.
- Add onion, garlic, and ginger and cook stirring for 3-4 minutes until the onions are translucent.
- Add the spice coated chicken to the pot and sauté for 5 minutes until mostly browned.
- Add tomato sauce and stir together.
- Close the lid of the Instant Pot.
- Set it on MANUAL for 5 minutes.
- Once it beeps to a finish, let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes.
- Open the lid and stir in coconut milk.
- Garnish with lime juice and parsley or cilantro, and serve over cauliflower rice!
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:44:16.