Instant Pot Whole30 Pulled Pork with Dry Rub (Paleo, Low Carb, Keto)
- 9 pounds bone-in pork shoulder blade roast (/butt or 5-6 lb boneless)
- 5 teaspoons sea salt (/butt or 5-6 lb boneless)
- 1 onions (large
- 3/4 cup pineapple juice (/butt or 5-6 lb boneless)
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- Cut the pork into 4-5 inch chunks.
- If using bone-in, cut around the bone.
- If you'd like, trim the fat around the meat.
- Add the pork (and the bone) to the Instant Pot.
- Sprinkle the pork with 3 tsp of sea salt, making sure to cover all sides.
- Add the onion to the pork.
- Pour in pineapple juice, apple cider vinegar, and dijon mustard over the pork and onions.
- Close the lid and set the Instant Pot to Manual on HIGH for 60 minutes.
- Once the Instant Pot beeps to a finish, wait 10 minutes for the pressure to naturally release, then release the rest of the pressure manually.
- Open the lid and transfer the pork and onions to a large bowl, along with 1 cup of the liquid.
- Discard the rest of the liquid.
- Remove the fat if you prefer, then use 2 forks to shred the pork into bite-sized pieces.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together 2 tsp sea salt and the rest of the spices together.
- Sprinkle the spices over the pork and onions and toss together.
- Serve warm, or freeze into individual portions.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:44:15.