Grain Free Cupcakes, Sugar Free, Keto, Low Carb
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup oil (I use avocado oil)
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- coconut extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup coconut
- cream cheese frosting (I use avocado oil)
- 8 ounces cream cheese frosting (I use avocado oil)
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter (I use avocado oil)
- 1 cup confectioners sugar (I use avocado oil)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream (I use avocado oil)
- 1/2 cup coconut (I use avocado oil)
- Mix the baking soda, baking powder, nutmeg, coconut flour together.
- Mix very well.
- set aside.
- Add oil, milk, eggs, sour cream, vanilla to the dry mix.
- Add vanilla.
- Mix well.
- This is a very easy cake to make.
- Allow to sit for 5 minutes.
- Spray cupcake liners.
- These do tend to stick.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 13 to 15 minutes.
- Cool completely before frosting.
- Frosting Instructions Whip butter until very smooth.
- Add in cream cheese.
- Whip again until very smooth.
- Add vanilla.
- Add Swerve Confectioner's Sugar ¼ cup at a time, mixing well on medium low each time.
- Add milk or cream only if necessary.
- Spread on cooled cupcakes.
- Top with coconut.
- Refrigerate for an hour to meld the flavors if you are not going to refrigerate cupcakes.
- The taste of the frosting gets better once it's refrigerated as all the flavors come together.
- You might want to make the frosting first, refrigerate, while you baking the cupcakes.
- NOTES You can make more of a buttercream frosting with 1 cup butter, 2 tablespoons cream cheese, and 1 cup of Swerve, ½ cup coconut.
- It will depend on your preference.
- I've done both with this recipe
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:44:17.