Pepper Jack Meatloaf
- 1/4 cup onions (chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup pork rind (chopped)
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 cup pepper jack (chopped)
- 1 cup salsa (chopped)
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, seasoned pork rinds, onion, salt and pepper.
- Crumble beef over mixture and mix well.
- Press half of the beef mixture onto the bottom and halfway up the sides of a greased 8-in.
- x 4-in.
- loaf pan.
- Sprinkle 3/4 cup cheese over meat to within 1/2 in.
- of sides.
- Pat remaining beef mixture over cheese.Bake, uncovered, at 350Â° for 50-55 minutes or until meat is no longer pink and a meat thermometer reads 160Â°.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Serve with salsa if desired.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:11:47.